This version of the fan system controller has been designed to interface with an e-Fan cooling system and outputs a protected low current 0 to 5VDC proportional signal that is scaled via the onfigurable settings, to represent the 0 to100% fan speed demand.
The Controller uses the vehicle SAE J1939 temperature information to determine fan speed requirements and utilizes an easy to use PC based Graphical User Interface ( GUI ) to allow complete user configuration of the controller and system operation, including fan speed limiting, the reverse / purge / de-ice feature, data logging and system health monitoring.
The unit has an alarm output that can be used to interface with external systems, alerting the vehicle operator to a cooling issue that needs attention.
The controller has an extended supply voltage and operating temperature range and is fully protected by flame resistant resin to ensure reliable operation under extreme environmental conditions.
All electrical connections are made through the industry standard IP69K 12 way male Deutsch connector, with set-up via a 4 way female WeatherPack connector ( not shown for clarity ).
emc-1V Product Features:
- Pre-written Windows™ software application, ready for user values
- Interfaces with VFD or other high voltage motor controllers
- Optimizes fan speed control relative to temperature requirements
- Engines or systems with SAE J1939 capability
- Bi-Directional fan feature allows radiator 'purge' or 'De-Ice'
- 3 x temperature zone inputs direct from SAE J1939 data bus
- 2 x additional discrete inputs temperature sensor
- 1x 0-5VDC output for interface with 'smart' e-Fans
- 2 x ON/OFF outputs for fan reverse indicator and external alarm
- 1x Manual fan reverse sequence trigger
- 1x 'Heat Event' detection system interface input
- 1x Ignition switch position I/P for safety lockout
- SAE J1455 ( load dump) compliant power protection
- System 'error' indicator LED with blink code
|Function||Electric Fan System Controller with reversing (purge) feature||Closed loop fan controller|
|Number of Outputs||(1) 0 to 5VDC||Interface with "smart" e-Fans|
|Control Input||SAE J1939, (Charge Air, Transmission & Water Temperature) and / or
(2) thermistors or discrete
|Coolant "Wet" temperature sensor
Air "Dry" temperature sensor
|Reverse cycle (purge) feature||Yes||Lo to Hi logic input with software de-bounce|
|Digital outputs||(1) Reverse fan direction
(1) Alarm integration into host system
|up to 3.3 Amps maximum|
|Mating Connector Kit||P/N: 999-10155||Deutsch DTF15-12PB|
|Graphical User Interface (GUI)||P/N: 023-00264||Set-up & Diagnostic software|
|emc-1V Programming Cable||P/N: 999-10075||2 Meters long with RS232 connection|
|Physical||94L x 94W x 13H mm||3 x # 8 Mounting screws|
|Mobile Equipment||IP68 (Module only) - derated for connector as required||Solid potted|
|Temperature ºC||-40 to +85 Deg. C||Operating|
|Voltage||9 to 32 VDC||Reverse polarity protection and transient protection|
|Certifications||CE||ROI Calculator||ROI Calculator Link||Electric fan drive system savings calculator - Excel spreadsheet|